Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

The Delicious Apple Sponge

On the 1st of june the year seven and eights went to technology at Morewa school. The year sevens had cooking class and the year eights had woodwork. I was in cooking class. My teacher's name was whaea Dot and she is a nice teacher.  We made apple sponge. The  first step we did was peel the apples and use a core thing so you can get all the seeds and stuff out of the middle of the core cut them up and  put the in a pot to cook.  Then we stopped for morning tea time. We went to play for a bit then we went back to cooking class and we got a block of butter melted half of it then mixed it. The we added some sugar so we could cream the butter and sugar along with some eggs. We mixed it all together then we added the dry ingredients that were flour and baking powder. We combined the dry ingredients with the wet one so we mixed it all up. Well we were mixing the combined ingredients together whaea Dot said “who wants chocolate chips” we all shouted yes please!. So we all added chocolate chips. We got our dish to put our cooked apples and halved them with our buddy. So we put our cooked apples at the bottom and put our sponge mixture at the top. We cooked it for  20-25 minutes. Have you ever made apple sponge before ?


7 comments:

  1. YUMMM!! That sounds really really nice. Your making me hungry and I already had a big breakfast!!!!! I haven't made apple sponge sponge before. But i really wanna try one! You are so lucky! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Zion i am a year 6 at Glenbrae i really like how you made a poster about what you did at cooking class and remember not to stop blogging have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my name is madie from ahipara school i like howyour work was very descriptive keep up the work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi its Logan From Te Ngahere. I chose your blog to comment on because it looks interesting and I have not seen much blogs with food in it. Once I have made an apple pie but never an apple sponge I have never seen an apple sponge. I am sitting down and just by thinking about it sounds really good I really like apple pie. It would be better if you shared the ingredients so if your trying to teach someone so they know how to make it.

    What did it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Ana m and I am a year 7 from glenbrea school today I was reading your guys is delicious apple spoon well done and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete