Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020






This week we have been working with what people on the war have done for us and help us live a normal happy live. They all went to world war/wars to protect us. My person was Owen Herbert Mead and he fought for the NZ army. He fought in world war one and world war two. He died in 1942 when he was 50 years old. He worked really hard for us to have a life with no wars our fighting between the countries so we could explore the world and look at the different country around us. We thank them for everything they did and how hard they worked. Although some of them died they still live with us. Do you think they worked hard too?

Yazmine@ Paihia School

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Yazmin. Good work about ANZAC. I think war is a terrible thing and that no one should have to go to war. I can understand some people wanting to fight for their country to protect it but there are other ways to solve problems. Did you get up early on ANZAC day with your neighbours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Yazmin, When I think about ANZAC I have an overwhelming feeling of sadness and respect.I find reading war stories of soldiers and the experiences they went through really interesting, I always learn something new from reading about them. I wonder what did you do on ANZAC day? I joined others in my street and stood at our mailbox at 6am. Someone had a bluetooth speaker and was playing the The Last Post, it was really nice.

    ReplyDelete