Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

Slow Start To Tech


In Te Ngahere the year 7 and 8’s went to tech and I am a year 8. I was in hard material class with Mr E. In the morning Mr E was explaining the rules of the power tools and hand tools (actually it took awhile, it was a bit of a slow start) after that Mr E told us the instructions of the techroom. Then he made us fill out a safety rules form then it was morning tea. We got something to eat and played touch for a bit then came back inside. Then after morning tea he gave us a strip of wood and we had to make a waka with the wood he had given us. So far we have only measured and drawn the outline of the waka. I think I managed pretty well for listening to all the instructions because Mr E took awhile to explain all of the instructions and I'm normally not that patient. 

Have you ever made a wooden waka before?       


9 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Zion and i go to Glenbrae school I really like the poster you have created and no i have not made a wooden waka its nice to see that your blogging what you have done,have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Te ngahere!! Its nice to see that you guy re doing new things in class. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is George and I go Glenbrae school I really like your poster I have not made a wooden wake I really like it.And have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work paihia school keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Paisha from Glenbrae, I read that your a year 8 and you went to tech. Well I'm a year 7 and I go to tech. I'm in Mrs. Sharma's class, Science, We do a lot of fun stuff. Sounds like you guy's did a whole heap of fun, And no I have not made a waka. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi im Lesley from Glenbrae, I was reading it and i read the youre a year 8. Wow i cant imagine how it would be so wonderful to go tech. The reason why i cant go is because im a year 6.
    And no I have never made a wooden waka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Marlon it’s Calais In your class, I really like your blog post because you have added everything that we did at technology and what we were making. I remember when you needed help a couple times when we were drawing the waka and you instantly came to me. Do you like technology?

    ReplyDelete
  8. kia ora my name is Ana m from glenbrae school I was reading it and it was so amazing it will be so wonderfull to go tech and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete