Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Doubling and Halving

In Te Ngahere we have been learning about doubling and halving. The reason why we learnt this strategies is to simplify a big multiplication problems. I think what I did well was understanding how to use the strategies to solve a big multiplication problems. Lately we’ve been working on our math DLO, to explain why we using this strategies, how we work it out, and explain what this strategies is all about. I always enjoyed learning new strategy, but i was struggling to create the math DLO. I hope i can do better at finishing or creating DLO in the future.

5 comments:

  1. sense I have gotten my cromebook i have been posting comments this is one to you. well done, its really cool to see people doing maths and then posting things on the blog and its also cool to see the strategies to get the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Te Ngahere it's Shontayne here. I like the way you have found out different ways to half and double, it's very interesting of the way you found out by tripling an odd number. You have taught me something new I look forward, to seeing more of these equations I wonder if you can do fourths.
    Come cheque out my blog @ https://kpsshontayned.blogspot.com/
    I post a lot of cool things bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Thomas from Kawakawa Primary. I like the way you have a few picture of you halving and doubling, we are doing as well,your next step I think is to show how you worked it out more clearly as I don't understand really. Here is my blog, I hope you enjoy.
    Check out my blog later http://kpsthomass.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is tahlia and im from lik kawakawa primary school and my teacher name is whaea Jess and I the the way you putted effed in to your maths and I think is to show more working out and I enjoyed looking at your maths

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Hirini and im from Kawakaw primary.I like how you are shoing me and every one how to waork it out and how you showed me your strategy.

    ReplyDelete