Pages

Friday, February 21, 2020

Place Value Game

Place Value Game

On the second day of the year at Paihia School we got to play a maths
game that our new teacher called Whaea Shannah showed us how to
play. First we got to pick a group then we started the game. We chose
a target number from 45 -45,000, got a 10 sided dice and we got ten
rolls each . You could either roll individually or roll it as a group.
We then  took turns rolling the dice and tried to get as close to the
number as possible. My number I chose as my target was 16,635,
the number I got after my 10 rolls was 15,999 so I was 36 points
away from my target. The purpose of this game was to help you
learn different strategies for solving Place Value equation. Would
you like to learn how to play this game?.

No comments:

Post a Comment